What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the world’s first decentralized digital currency, it has no central bank or single administrator. Bitcoin can be sent from user to user on the bitcoin network with no intermediaries.
All Bitcoin transactions are recorded in a public distributed ledger called a blockchain. All transactions are verified by nodes on the network using cryptography.
ADDITIONAL BITCOIN RESOURCES
For the Readers
- What is Bitcoin? An in depth FAQ by Bitcoin.org
- Wikipedia FAQ about Bitcoin
- ELI5 – Explain It Like I am 5, Bitcoin Edition
- You Don’t Understand Bitcoin, Because You Think Money Is Real
- Bitcoin, An Illustrated Guide
- What is Bitcoin? A Comprehensive guide by Coinbase