Adam White – the 3+ year President of Bakkt – has announced that he is leaving the company. His future plans remain a mystery.
- White announced his upcoming departure in a tweet earlier today. He showed satisfaction with the crypto industry’s maturation from a regulatory standpoint.
- “Lots of work still to do here but never been more optimistic about the future,” he said.
- Bakkt is a digital asset manager that started by helping institutions securely hold cryptocurrencies, among other things. It later got involved with more retail-oriented products, such as a mobile app that allows consumers to load their Starbucks cards using Bitcoin.
- More recently, Bakkt began allowing its clients to hold, buy, and sell Ethereum.
- Before working with Bakkt, White was a VP and General Manager at Coinbase for five years.
- “White’s deep expertise in crypto and a commitment to execution and innovation will be sorely missed,” said Bakkt CEO Gavin Michael in an email to staff.